React funding for employers to cover recruitment costs
What is React and how can it help me?
The Redundancy Action Scheme II (ReAct II) is a program setup by the Welsh Assembly government to help people living in Wales gain successful new employment after being made redundant. Through the scheme employers can request REACT funding to cover the cost of Recruitment or Training.
Recruiting? ReAct II for Employers
There are two packages available to employers looking to take someone on who has recently been made redundant.
- Employer Recruitment Support
The first package aids employers who recruit individuals made redundant in the past six months by covering up to £3,000 in fees, paid back in four instalments as a contribution towards wage costs.
- Employer Training Support
The second package is a separate discretionary fund of up to £1,000 that employers can put towards the cost of the new recruit’s job-related training.
Employers can choose whether to apply for the Recruitment Support alone or both the Recruitment and Training Support. The Training Support package can only be used in conjunction with the Employer Recruitment Support package.
Who qualifies for the funding?
The Employer Recruitment and Training Support packages are available to if the individual you wish to recruit is either under formal notice of redundancy or has become unemployed in the last six months as a result of redundancy.
In order to qualify for Employer Recruitment Support you must meet the following criteria:
- Your business is expanding and the post is new; or,
- You seek a justifiable replacement for a vacant post; and,
- Your business does not have a director in common with the company that made redundant the person you want to recruit;
- The job is at least 16 hours per week;
- The job is expected to last for at least 12 months;
- The job is not being supported by any other public or European Fund; and
- Your business has not reached the ‘de minimis’ threshold for State Aid rules.
Important note: Individuals who might otherwise have been eligible are disqualified for funding if they have:
- Started working for you before your application for ReAct II funding has been approved;
- Received paid employment of any kind continuously for six weeks or more in the six months prior to applying for support; or
- Undertaken any publicly-funded training, including Work Based Learning programmes, since being made redundant.
Yolk Recruitment has worked with many companies using ReAct funding to successfully place candidates who have been recently made redundant. We also represent a number of candidates that are eligible for React funding. If you would like to discuss further how we can help you save on the cost of recruit through React funding then please call us on 02920 220078 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this page is replicated from the Welsh Assembly Government please refer to their website for full details: