£Negotiable Competitive depending on experience
Yolk Recruitment specialise in recruiting for a wide range of business-critical commercial positions. We source candidates with a proven track record of achievement and work with clients that will deliver on your career aspirations.
A global organisation, well established and still expanding, my client is a dedicated provider of comprehensive business information & lead generation. They are seeking to recruit a Head of European Social Media to lead and execute a social media plan for their digital products. This position will report directly to the Director of Product Development, and will have strong links to senior leadership and the business globally.
Based in London, the Head of European Social Media is responsible for leading and executing a social media plan for all of our digital products. As Head of European Social Media, you will play a key role with the development of our digital distribution and awareness strategy. You will be responsible for crafting a social media and online marketing strategies for our various products. You will oversee media campaigns, manage timelines and budgets, provide deliverables and meet objectives on a day-to-day basis. This role is core to the digital organization and a key part of the product development process for web, mobile and tablet.
- In-depth understanding of the social media landscape, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blogs, and emerging platforms
- Successful development and management of social media strategies and implementation for all digital products
- Understand the product goals and develop appropriate campaign strategies.
- Establish key performance indicators and metrics for tracking, and report out on those KPIs.
- Ongoing management and optimization of social campaigns to meet agreed upon objectives.
- Keep up-to-date on trends and new developments within the social media space as well as the digital marketing industry as a whole.
- Compile regularly scheduled and ad hoc social media reports to update status and communicate plans internally.
- Conduct daily research and optimization of existing and future plans.
- Work with external agencies where necessary to execute plans
- Leadership, planning, management, organizational and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding ability to think strategically and to identify and resolve problems
- Able to think outside-the-box and develop creative solutions to challenges.
You should thrive on new challenges; posses true entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy working in a fast-paced, highly flexible environment. . You must be able to keep up with the forefront of digital trends and continuously evaluate strategies to make sure to stay ahead of the curve.
Critical to success in this role will be the ability to collaborate with key stakeholders including product development, marketing, engineering, QA, architecture and infrastructure team as well as the ability to scale per deliverables.
You will be assertive, hands-on, and proactive. You must have a strong background in online or mobile platforms, and be able to translate input from multiple constituents. This position will require partnering and working closely with senior business leaders. You will not be afraid to dig into the details from the get go.
- BA/BS degree from a top university, post graduate degree is preferred
- Significant digital/new media experience, either in a corporate or in a marketing services/agency environment working with established brands
- Proven experience of interactive media campaign management
- Basic understanding of various metrics, and the ability to track and monitor campaigns and adjust as necessary
- Experience within a startup, high tech environment is preferred.
- Possess the ability to aggregate data from design research, marketing and technical requirements and other sources into clear, actionable insights
- Ability to provide insight and competitive analysis in the social media field
- Self starter / self motivated, capable of staying on track and pursuing solutions without supervision
- Ability to cope with the ambiguity that is consistent with the start-up of a new product
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
Highly competitive salary
Opportunity to really put your own stamp on this newly created role and build the team around you!APPLY