We know the hard work and dedication you have put in in to progress your career in law and understand how important making the right career move is.
Click through the links to learn more about our specialist areas.
Apply for this job
Practice ManagerRef ehjan08
- Type: Permanent / Temporary
- Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
- Location: Cardiff
Exciting opportunity to join an established law firm who are going through a period of growth as their Practice Manager.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join a top Commercial law firm in Cardiff. My client acts for Global companies and UK businesses from their offices in Cardiff and London and have an excellent reputation in this respect. They are rated in Chambers, Legal 500 and are Lexcel accredited. This opportunity has arrisen due to growth within the company.
- Manage recruitment of staff including relationships with recruitment consultants, arranging interviews and managing the annual trainee recruitment
- Manage the PDR process including organising appraisals and identifying staff objectives ensuring reviews are carried out
- Supervising the HR departments and dealing with all HR procedures
- Coordinating training across the firm including central training for all staff
- Ensuring compliance with the SRA competency requirements
- Be point of contact and manage renewals process for insurance and brokers
- Manage the annual practising certificate renewals, lexcel assessment and maintain the office policies and procedures
- Supervise day to day compliance with file audits and work with the data protection officer
- Manage all external relationships with suppliers and supervisor the ICT support analyst and receptionist.
- Work with It group to identify and test new software and make recommendations to the management board
- Provide day to day guidance to all support staff whilst support the administration and expansion of staff across both Swansea and London
- Work alongside the accountant to ensure adherence to the firm’s business plan and objectives are met.
Experience and skills required
- Previous experience within a legal environment is essential
- Excellent management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent work ethic with a modern approach.
How to Apply
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role – then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Emma Harries at Yolk Recruitment on 02920 673734.