7 months ago
Are you a HSE Advisor or HSE Officer with experience of working within an Engineering / Manufacturing environment? Are you currently looking for a job with a growing business that can offer excellent benefits and stability? If yes, then please read on for more information on an exciting opportunity to undertake a key role for a fantastic employer based in South Wales.
This is what you’ll be doing
Reporting to the HSE Manager, the successful applicant has responsibility for the coordination of HSE activities on site ensuring the company fulfils, as a minimum, all requirements placed on the facility by governmental bodies, wider group and any other relevant parties. Duties will include:
- Assist in the maintenance of ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 management systems.
- Support the manager in ensuring the facility remains legally compliant.
- Liaise with Health & Safety executive and other enforcement agencies on all matters pertaining to HSE.
- Conduct and support accident/incident investigations ensuring root causes are established.
- To assist with the development and delivery of employee well-being and health initiatives.
- To collate and analyse accident statistics and recommend intervention strategies to eliminate/reduce the risk of future occurrences and incidents of ill health & lost working days.
- To advise the site/leadership teams on the implications of current and emerging health, safety and welfare legislation, including evaluating options, making recommendations and generating action plans to ensure compliance across the organisation.
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- NEBOSH general certificate
- Internal auditing certification, and experience, relating to ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 standards (or equivalent).
- Possess the ability to build effective relationships with managers and associates at all levels.
- Be able to demonstrate a professional, confident, patient, diplomatic and can-do attitude.
- Ability to work on own initiative is essential.
- Methodical attitude and an excellent eye for detail.
And this is what you’ll get in return
A salary of £35,500
Including 25 days annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays (total of 33 days holiday).
You’ll be joining a business currently experiencing significant growth, which also offer fantastic progression opportunities.
Are you up to the challenge?
Are you what we’re looking for? Please get in touch today with engineering specialist recruiter, Richard Pearson on either firstname.lastname@example.org or 02921 673 742.
Please apply with a CV and feel free to include a cover letter outlining why you’re perfect for the role. We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.