£39,390 to £52,000 + excellent benefits
29 days ago
22 November 2021
IT Procurement Manager
Yolk is a recruiting partner for a large UK regulator based in the heart of Brighton. We are working with them to recruit an IT Procurement Manager for a 6 month fixed term contract to lead on procurements and deliver robust, value for money contracts for their IT Directorate. On top of salary they offer a great range of benefits, civil service pension scheme and additional bonuses.
What you’ll be doing
As an IT Procurement Manager you will:
- Lead on IT procurements and deliver robust, value for money contracts
- Develop effective working relationships and communicate clearly / confidently to all stakeholders, both orally and in writing; to influence thinking and to indirectly manage the actions of others
- Work with a high level of autonomy, proactively, with minimal guidance or oversight required and freedom of thought in undertaking tasks
- Make actions count by identifying, prioritising and planning effectively
- Scope, prioritise and plan all procurement activities required to meet business outcomes – identifying outputs, dependencies, resource estimates, stakeholders, risks and timescales
What you’ll bring to the team
The successful IT Procurement Manager will bring the following skills and experience to the team:
- MCIPS or equivalent with extensive business awareness gained from significant experience of related work from either private or public sector.
- In-depth breadth of specialised knowledge of Public Procurement directives, principles and UK specific legislation
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of public sector frameworks plus being aware of new avenues of supply
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence teams to follow best practise and governance standards and to inform and influence Board/Executive/Senior Leadership Team decisions
- Acting with integrity, having a positive attitude with the ability to take ownership and responsibility for the completion of tasks and the ability to take and demonstrate initiative
- Use own judgement and pragmatic thinking to recommend more effective and efficient policies and procedures within the procurement lifecycle
- Use own ideas and experience to set and establish governance standards and best practise across the procurement team, influencing key stakeholders across the organisation to adopt and confirm to these standards
Here’s what you’ll get in return
The successful IT Procurement Manager will receive the following excellent package
- Salary between £39,390 and £52,289
- Civil service pension scheme (one of the best in the world!)
- 25 days annual leave
- Performance related pay
- A wide range of additional benefits
Think this one’s for you
If you think this IT Procurement Manager fixed term contract is the one for you then apply online or call Nici Jones at Yolk Recruitment to discuss the role in confidence.
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.