Yolk are delighted to be partnered with E-Cigarette Direct. The original vaping experts founded in 2008. With stores in UK and Europe, this market leader is looking for a Junior Developer to join their small team to help build their brand new platform.
This is what you’ll be doing
They have a vision of an industry leading website, in terms of both volume and customer experience and they are looking for another junior developer to help them achieve this. You will report to the Lead Developer and be involved in maintaining the current website whilst adding functionality to a new e-commerce platform. You will be able to bring ideas to the table to help find solutions to implement into their Greenfield project. Their old platform was built using Magento, but this is not a long-term plan. They are implementing Symfony and will offer full on the job training to learn this desirable framework.
There’s also some must haves
- Practical experience of HTML, CSS, PHP
- Knowledge of modern MVC frameworks e.g. Symfony or Laravel
- An understanding of, or desire to work on, e-commerce websites
- Knowledge of version control e.g. GIT.
- Fantastic problem solving skills.
- Experience of unit testing.
And this is what you’ll get in return
- Flexible working hours
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual profit share scheme
- Subscription to an online Wellbeing platform & Thrive Wellbeing app.
- Health Shield discount scheme
- 29 days of holiday, increasing to 30 days following two years of service
Are you up to the challenge?
Yolk Recruitment is working in partnership with E-Cigarette on an exclusive basis for the recruitment of this role. If you wish to apply to this role please contact Victoria Gunstone at Yolk Recruitment or simply apply to this advertisement via the methods outlined. Please note that E-Cigarette will not be accepting direct applications, and will direct you back to Yolk Recruitment. For an initial informal discussion then please contact Victoria Gunstone.