£50000 - £55000 per annum
02922 671 378
4 days ago
11 November 2021
We are looking for an experienced Lead Engineer professional to join the platform engineering team at an expanding financial services based in Cardiff. This is an exciting time in the organisations growth, they have recently invested heavily in their IT infrastructure & are currently in the process of major projects such as an Azure migration. The successful candidate will provide technical leadership on all project work & management of their Azure estate as well as providing day to day management of the engineering team.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Support and maintain applications both in house developed and from a variety of vendors and 3rd parties across both physical and cloud environments.
- Providing technical leadership in project work, including their Azure migration.
- Day to day management of the platform engineering team.
- Ensuring business critical applications and services are highly available and are backed by a strong business continuity and disaster recovery strategy.
- Ensure all operational processes and procedures in relation.
- 3/4 years experience in a similar role i.e. Infrastructure / Cloud / DevOps engineering.
- Good experience in the design & support of Azure & Office 365 cloud hosted infrastructure.
- Scripting using PowerShell / Python or a similar language.
- Excellent server administration skills, they mostly run windows but also run some linux server so experience in both is highly beneficial.
- PaaS, IaaS & SaaS exposure.
- Basic salary of £55,000 + Discretionary annual bonus.
- 25 Days Holiday (Bank Holidays on top).
- Matched 6% pension scheme.
- Private Medical Insurance.
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.