£45000 + 15% bonus
about 2 months ago
03 July 2019
Lean Delivery Manager
My client is a leading international manufacturing business with a strong local heritage and a global reputation for excellence underpinned by a commitment to Continuous Improvement in all it does. As a part of that journey, a new opportunity has been created for a Lean Delivery Manager to join their team. This is a blank canvass opportunity for someone with a Six Sigma Black Belt to act as an entrepreneur on matters relating to getting rid of waste throuh team harmony across all areas of the business.
What you'll be doing
- Your role will be to:
- lead, energise and execute the activities to take the organization to new and higher levels of proficiency in lean business concepts.
- plan, organize, conduct, and follows up improvement activities, which lead to the establishment of Lean Systems throughout the Port Talbot facility.
- Act as an entrepreneur on matters related to Gremoving waste int he business, lead, guide and energize the respective plant, lead center or site
- Coordinate and drive Operational Excellence initiatives locally
- Help identify opportunities for improvement through Plant KPI’s monitoring and Value Stream Mapping execution
- Plan, organize, conduct and follow up kaizen events.
- Conduct kaizen and Lean Systems Green Belt training.
- Facilitate kaizen teams.
- Track and report kaizen results
- Guide organization in lean systems implementation.
- Host outside kaizen participants.
- Continually improve training materials and techniques.
- Promote recognition of those who participate in lean projects
The experience you'll bring to the team:
- A degree in Engineering (or similar)
- Substantial, demonstratable experience in Manufacturing environment (desired)
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification (desired)
- Lean Systems Black Belt certification (desired)
- Leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and training skills.
- Excellent problem solving and facilitation skills.
- Enthusiasm, dynamism, teamwork
And this is what you'll get in return
- £45000 salary
- 15% annual bonus
- 25 days + bank holidays
- Company pensino scheme
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this role apply now. You can apply here or contact our Head of Engineering Phil Pitman directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 02921 673717.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.