£30000.00 - £32000.00 per annum
15 days ago
11 October 2023
Days Monday - Friday
Are you ready to take the next step in your career and join a dynamic team of professionals dedicated to excellence in finishing shop operations? Look no further! Yolk Recruitment is excited to support our client's recruitment campaign for a Finishing Shop Machine Operator based in Newport.
This is what you'll be doing as Machine Operator:
- Setting up and operating a variety of finishing equipment including cylindrical, surface, and polishing machines.
- Performing routine operator maintenance tasks to ensure equipment efficiency.
- Maintaining high-quality work standards and production levels.
- Ensuring components are finished to the highest quality standards, in accordance with customer drawings and process documents.
- Thoroughly inspecting parts before and after processing to verify correctness and quality.
- Gaining expertise in coating quality factors to optimize component processing.
- Providing training to colleagues when competent in a task.
- Maintaining excellent housekeeping (5S) in your work area to uphold a safe and organized environment.
Previous experience you'll bring to the team:
- Setting up and operating manual cylindrical and surface grinding machines.
- Experience in grinding Tungsten carbide coatings. (desirable)
- Proficiency in reading engineering drawings.
- Competency in using measuring equipment and techniques.
- A team player with a "can-do attitude" and a keen eye for detail.
And this is what you'll get in return:
- Competitive salary that rewards your skills and experience.
- Pension plan with a company match contribution ranging from 4% to 10%.
- Life Assurance coverage at 2x annual salary, rising to 4x with Company pension enrolment.
- Free parking.
- Free refreshments to keep you energized.
- Entitlement to full pay while off sick for a limited number of days (in addition to statutory sick pay).
- Generous holiday package of 25 days, plus national holidays.
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this Machine Operator role apply now
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.