5 months ago
Machine Shop Manager
£35,000 - £40,000
This rapidly growing engineering and manufacturing success story has created a number of new opportunities as a result of sustained growth and investment in their key South Wales location.
We're looking for a Machine Shop Manager to lead the a Precision Engineering Machine Shop business unit, leading, developing and growing a team of machinists in a hands on/hands off role with support or autonomy acording to your needs, with the opportunity to continue to develop yourself and your financial rewards.
With varying levels of training and support available this role would suit both an established and hands on Machine Shop Manager/Supervisor, or a Machinist with leadership experience looking to take the next step.
This is what you’ll be doing
- 3, 4, and 5 Axis machining (and/or willing to undertake training to fill any knowledge gaps)
- Leading the business, managing the day to day activities of a growing machine shop
- Management of a small but growing team to ensure optimal utilisation of resources to deliver to customers
- Mentoring and development of your team
- Empower the people to be open about the challenges and promote a culture of open communication and collaborative resolution
- Develop standard operating procedures
What you'll bring to the team
- 3/4/5 Axis Machining experience
- Previous experience leading/mentoring other CNC Machinists
- Your drive to continue the growth and development of this key department
And this is what you’ll get in return
- A generous salary depending on experience
- Flexible working hours
- Annual salary review
- Unlimited training
- The opportunity to work with likeminded engineers in one of Wales’ most exciting engineering businesses!
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this role apply now. You can apply here or contact our Head of Engineering Phil Pitman directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 02921 673717.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.