To £55,000 + Benefits
17 days ago
02 May 2019
Oracle Database Administrator / DBA
This growing organisation are currently seeking an Oracle Database Administrator ( DBA ) to add to their current team.
The organisation are currently updating the majority of their technology stack as well as modernising processes across the department and you would be working within the Technology division at the heart of building new products for the company on a number of cutting edge technology platforms.
Striving to be a disruptive influence within their sector they aim to foster a collaborative working environment where everyone feels able to contribute to the success of the organisation.
Staff development and wellbeing is taken very seriously with awards and recognition to prove this.
This is what you’ll be doing
You will be responsible for the complete lifecycle of all Oracle databases within the organisation including the following;
- Design, configuration and Implementation of all database related tools and technologies
- Working with the Architecture team to help define the technical architecture in relation to database systems
- Managing the availability that underpin all systems ensuring resources are correctly allocated to guarantee optimum performance and high resilience
- Planning and managing all improvements and ongoing maintenance (routine updates, upgrades, new releases) ensuring that any disruption is kept to a minimum
- Systems Monitoring; investigating and resolving issues where necessary
- Actively contributing towards the development and maintenance of data standards and data management policies
- Providing training and guidance on database technologies to other teams
The experience you’ll bring to the team
You will be an experienced Database Administrator / DBA with strong knowledge of Oracle Databases, ideally with experience of 12.2
Ideally you will also have experience of any of the following:
- Experience of RMAN
- Experience of Oracle Steams, Oracle Data Pump or similar
- Experience of working in a fast paced, Agile environment
- Experience of cloud environments and related technologies
- Experience of a mixture of platforms / other database technologies
- This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing organisation in a key role, where technology is at the forefront of everything they do
Apply now for more details.