£25,000 - £30,000
8 months ago
Product Design Engineer x 2
This ground breaking R&D engineering business has created a new opportunity for 2 x Product Design Engineers to join their rapidly growing team.
This is what you'll be doing
Working alongside a team of Mechanical, Electrical, Materials and Project Engineers, you’ll not only work on design proposals but be involved in the installation of the finished designs at customer sites around the world, so you should be prepared to spend 20% of your working time with colleagues at international sites.
Working as part of a team you will:
- Devise a design brief
- Sketch initial design ideas
- identify the suitability and availability of materials
- produce detailed drawings and specifications using dedicated computer software
- design a viable product whilst operating within realistic constraints.
- make samples or working models by hand or using computerised prototyping equipment and 3D printers
- test the design concept by computerised modelling or physical hands-on testing models
- Take part in and actively contribute to specialist or multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Consider potential problems and devising contingency plans.
- Arrange meetings and liaise with engineers and other departments, including Business Development, Project Management, Commercial and Installation to discuss and negotiate appropriate production processes, costs and commercial issues.
- Make presentations to senior management to present design proposals.
The experience you'll bring to the team
- Degree in Product Design or similar
- Solidworks experience
- 3D printing experience
- Knowledge of industrial processes, techniques and standards
- Full UK driving license
- Valid Passport & desire to travel
Are you up to the challenge?
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role – apply now. If you have any further questions then please contact Phil Pitman at Yolk Recruitment on 02-921-673-717. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying – then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.*