8 months ago
Senior Quality Engineer
Are you a Senior Quality Engineer with 5 years’ experience within a manufacturing environment? Are you seeking a challenging role within a stable, and growing business? If so, then I may just have the perfect role for you, a Quality Engineering role for a business based in Newport.
This is what you’ll be doing
- You’ll be reporting into the Quality Manager, whilst being responsible for the day-to-day running of quality management systems, whilst also being the point of contact for a number of certifying bodies.
- Updating and maintaining the Site Quality Management System.
- Controlling 8Ds and Corrective Action system (Both internal & external)
- Act as the point of contact for certifying bodies including CAA, TWI and Rail.
- Responsible for the preparation, organisation and undertaking of both internal and external audits.
- Facilitate Site Improvement programmes alongside manufacturing & engineering teams.
- Deputising for the Quality Manager where necessary.
- Assist in the analysis, recording and monitoring of process scrap, identifying root cause and implementing corrective actions.
- Endorsing 5S/Continuous Improvement principles.
- Other quality related projects and six sigma activities will also be included in this diverse role.
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- A relevant Engineering Degree
- At least 5 years’ experience of working within a Quality bias role, within a manufacturing/engineering environment.
- A good knowledge, and demonstratable practical experience of the implementation of lean tools & techniques.
- An analytical and logical approach to problem solving
And this is what you’ll get in return
A base salary of £33,500 (plus payable overtime opportunity).
It includes 25 days annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays (total of 33 days holiday).
In addition to this you’ll receive access to: Pension Scheme, Life Assurance Scheme, On-site Canteen Facilities, Cycle to Work Scheme and Company Sick Pay.
You’ll be joining a business currently experiencing significant growth, which also offer fantastic progression opportunities.
Are you up to the challenge?
Are you what we’re looking for? Please get in touch today with engineering specialist recruiter, Richard Pearson on either firstname.lastname@example.org or 02920 673 742.
Please apply with a CV and feel free to include a cover letter outlining why you’re perfect for the role. We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.