£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
27 December 2023
Up to £55,000 doe
Are you a dedicated Health, Safety and Environment Safety Manager looking to take the next step in your career? Yolk Recruitment is supporting a leading company in the food sector in their search for a SHE Manager to manage and coordinate safety activities and ensure the site operates in accordance with Health & Safety regulations. If you're passionate about creating a safety-first culture, developing and maintaining data records, and making a real impact, this role is for you.
This is what you'll be doing as SHE Manager:
- You will be responsible for safety issues on the site, advising on Health & Safety legislation, fire safety risk assessments, and providing support to the workforce. Identifying and delivering Health & Safety training programs will also be part of your role.
- You'll set up a safety strategy to improve safety processes, reduce job-related risks, and advise on personal protective equipment and asbestos registers.
- Managing the safety management system on site, including safety manuals, procedures, and advising on new legislation. You will also chair safety committee meetings and participate in environment committee meetings.
- Ensuring a robust Health & Safety risk assessment program, conducting assessments, maintaining records, and leading accident investigations. You'll analyse incident statistics and liaise with insurance companies.
- Liaising with external Health & Safety contacts, managing audits, and acting as the first point of contact for customers and suppliers.
- Advising on safety-related projects and assisting in cost-benefit analysis.
- Driving a culture change management process at all levels within the organization.
- Being the main contact for all Environmental topics.
The experience you'll bring to the team as SHE Manager:
- A Master's degree (e.g., industrial engineer, commercial engineer, etc.) or equivalent.
- Minimum of British NEBOSH General Certificate / IOSH qualification.
- A track record of delivering Environmental and H&S improvements within a similar environment, such as food, chemical manufacture, or processing, with 5-7 years of experience in food manufacturing being preferable.
- Experience with Environmental Management Systems (ISO14001) and Certificated Health and Safety Management Systems (ISO45001).
- Knowledge of energy and energy policy.
And this is what you'll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday plus BH
- Private Medical
- Sick Pay
- Annual Bonus
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.