£35,000 - £40,000 per annum plus benefits
21 days ago
03 July 2021
Specification Compliance Technologist
£35,000 - £40,000.00 per annum plus benefits
I am proud to be working in partnership with this major Food Manufacturing business based in Cardiff. This client is working with me exclusively in recruiting an experienced Specification Compliance Technologist who will report directly to the Technical Compliance Manager. This role is pivotal to the business in o co-ordinating and managing the site technical systems and the retailer web-based systems. You will ensure that all stored information relating to finished products and ingredients is current and up to date providing the correct food safety, quality and legal information required.
You will play a key role in supporting the Technical Department to develop and maintain a quality culture throughout the site. You will do this through the provision of accurate and timely data and documentation. In addition, your role will support the operations team to develop robust corrective action plans for quality improvement.
In return you will be provided with excellent leadership and development opportunities whilst also playing a key role in a high-performance team.
Your day to day duties as Specification Compliance Technologist will entail
· Write, approve and maintain finished product specifications and ensure that all the product specifications and labels comply with most recent legislation, guidance and customer codes of practice
· Ensure the artwork information, claims and layout comply with UK and EU legislation and Customer requirements, and give guidance on these areas as required
· Continually seek to improve methods to increase the current standards and ensure any deviation is dealt with effectively and efficiently
· Review product recipes and ingredients, ensuring customer policies, code of practice and legal requirements are met
· Share knowledge and experience with colleagues, to support growth of knowledge and ability within the team
· Understand technical food specification writing and knowledge of Food Labelling Regulations and nutritional calculations.
· Create and maintain category specific guidance documentation and work as a team to ensure a consistent approach can be applied across all product ranges
· Maintain the close interaction with NPD, Operational and Commercial colleagues, to ensure the smooth transition of product or process changes and developments ensuring deadlines are met successfully
· Ensure the legality and quality of technical data on in house printed labels to create and maintain all aspects of label manufacture
· Maintain a specification review database to ensure that all specifications are reviewed within the agreed timescales in agreement with your Manager.
What you’ll bring to the team
· Previous experience working as a Food Technologist/ Specification Technologist for a leading retailer or food manufacturer
· Proven experience writing or approving food specifications using the systems of the major UK retailers
· Experience in effective communication with retailers and suppliers
· Experience in food legislation, its interpretation and application to food labels Knowledge
· Must have working knowledge of FIR Regulations and how to apply.
· Applied knowledge of UK / EU food labelling legislation
· Food based degree is preferable
· Familiar with major UK retailers’ Code of Practice and labelling polices
· Sound technical knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this role apply now.
Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities