£60000 - £70000 per annum
02921 673 751
10 days ago
07 November 2021
£60,000 - £70,000 per annum plus benefits
I am proud to be representing this award winning and evolving food manufacturing business who are passionate about sourcing and preparing the most delicious foods possible. Supplying to some of the biggest names in the Industry this client offers raw base ingredients to expertly finished ready-to-eat products.
As the business has expanded a new role has been created and I am looking for a credible and qualified Technical Manager who will report directly to the Managing Director.
As Technical Manager you will lead the technical compliance team ensuring legislative requirements for food safety are adhered to within a food production environment.
As Technical Manager you’ll be
- Ensuring that technical activities on site are robustly structured and managed so as to comply with relevant industry standards (e.g. BRC), and customer COP’s.
- Ensuring regular reviews are held with direct team members, including performance reviews, one to ones and maintaining appropriate training
- Facilitate a stringent process including finished product controls via the effective management of a robust HACCP system
- Provide the relevant input into technical specifications for equipment required to ensure that required standards are met.
- Ensure that customers systems for specification management are maintained.
- Carry out ad hoc projects as business needs change.
- Manage 3rd party and customer audits and non-compliance close out.
- Run and coordinate internal system audits
- Investigate all customer complaints and rejections and respond to the customer accordingly
- Identify and deliver necessary training offering development for the QA team
- Deputise for the Quality Manager in her absence
What you’ll bring to the team
- Ideally degree educated, Food Science/Technology or Microbiology qualification preferred.
- Experience at a similar level in food manufacturing, ideally chilled high-risk food
- Man-management experience
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- Good working knowledge of BRC version 8
- Able to drive changes and improvements
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this role apply now.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately