Marketing Managers play a crucial role within a business, overseeing the creation and delivery of the marketing strategy that feeds into the business objectives and company growth.
Marketing Managers also oversee the rest of the marketing team and monitor the day to day marketing activity, ensuring all marketing channels are being optimised and content is delivered successfully. You could be line managing a team of marketing assistants, coordinators and executives who specialise in social media, PR and content creation.
The role of a Marketing Manager requires a creative thinker, an individual who can conceive new marketing plans that target your required audience in inventive ways while also feeding into the overall company strategy. A Marketing Manager also needs to be commercially minded and analytical, with the ability to review and utilise data to inform on future marketing plans.
MARKETING MANAGER KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the creation of engaging content for all marketing channels including (but not limited to) social media, blogs, website, newsletters, PR activity and email marketing
- Manage the work, performance and professional development of the marketing team
- Create and implement the annual marketing strategy
- Manage third party agency relationships from design agencies to PR agencies
- Manage the Paid Social & Media Strategy
- Act as the brand guardian, ensuring correct use of logos and brand across all marketing channels