£35000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: 27 days holiday per year + Christmas shutdown
02921 673 712
16 days ago
13 July 2022
Cardiff – Hybrid and flexible working
Up to £40,000 per annum
Are you a passionate and creative Account Director with experience in a PR and Communications Agency setting? Perhaps you’re an experienced Account Manager looking for the next step in your career? Are you looking to work for an agency that actively selects its clients based on areas such as sustainability and their positive impact on the Welsh landscape?
If so then we’d like to hear from you!
Yolk Recruitment are currently partnered with a well-established Cardiff based PR and Comms Agency to hire an Account Director to work as part of their team. You’ll oversee the development and delivery of integrated campaigns (PR, digital, stakeholder engagement, advertising) for clients spanning multiple sectors, including tourism, heritage, environment, and retail. Working alongside the MD and Senior Account Director, you’ll also play a key role in the agency’s growth plan — leading new business proposals and mentoring staff.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Client services — overseeing a portfolio of clients including B2C and B2C accounts.
- Leading productive teams — to ensure outstanding results and efficient-working
- Providing strategic counsel to clients and account teams
- Adding value to account teams through innovation
- Taking overall responsibility for your clients’ strategic plans and budgets.
- Supporting MD and senior team members by leading on assigned new business opportunities.
- Developing and drafting new business proposals, leading team brainstorm sessions and co-ordinating project team
- Preparing and delivering new business pitches
- Seeking and evaluating feedback on unsuccessful bids to inform future proposals.
- Wellbeing and team development — supporting junior members of the team to grow in confidence and nurturing their skillsets.
- Holding monthly 121s with assigned team members.
- Attending bi-annual performance reviews, preparing staff development plans, advising on staff training requirements.
- Suggesting improvements to team wellbeing.
The skills and experience that you’ll bring to the team:
- Agency experience — minimum of five years’ agency-specific
- Sectorial experience — experience of working across both B2B and consumer accounts
- Experience of delivering fully-integrated campaigns — experience in designing and delivering multi-channel campaigns
- Strong strategic planning skills — ability to interpret a brief, understand audiences and objectives and plan an effective communications strategy for clients and new business
- People management skills — experience of motivating, leading and managing communications teams
- New business development skills — proven experience in proposal writing, pitching and leading successful bids
- Strong organisational and multi-tasking skills — ability to work under pressure, problem solve and multi-task across a wide-range of projects and accounts.
- Bilingual – Welsh language skills would be an advantage, however, are not essential
Fantastic benefits you’ll receive in return:
- Competitive salary and package — to be agreed based on experience
- Outstanding holiday entitlement — 27 days per annum, plus bank holidays and Christmas office closure days
- Agile working — flexible working hours (7 hours per day anytime between 7am and 7pm) work from home up to three days’ a week
- Weekly pass to Tramshed Tech (Locations in Cardiff, Newport, Barry, Swansea)
- Gym membership, monthly motivational team meetings and social events
- CPD commitment — internal and external training, annual personal development plan
- You’ll work as part of an ethical, supportive and inclusive team where there is a genuine interest and care in staff wellbeing
Are you up to the challenge?
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role - then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Kim Partridge on 02921 673 712.