Up to £70000.00 per annum
10 months ago
Scrum Master - Hybrid - 1-2 days in office - Hove - £60-£80k per annum - leading benefits package - fantastic progression opportunity - Back End Development - Kafka
Yolk Recruitment are working with a newly created division in one the UK's largest Insurers looking for an Agile Scrum Master with a technical background preferably in development or all things Data
With the team innovating and growing you will be scaling up from 1 team of Developers and testers working in harmony with the product team and the business analysts. There is Exciting scope to grow to 3 to 4 teams and progress into a lead Scrum Master Role. With big investments to ensure success as this division scales up you will need to be familiar with AWS cloud based technology software delivery models.
Your Specific responsibilities will include the management of the product backlog, organisation and planning of the team, tracking & reporting of progress. Sprint and release planning, facilitating scrum ceremonies, process improvement & coaching of the team.
- Responsible for management of the product backlog with the Product Owner/Feature Analyst which include tasks such as:
- Prioritising items from epics to stories
- Depicting an accurate picture of the outstanding backlog
- Providing a clear picture of the upcoming deliverables
- Orchestrate the sprints through activities such as daily stand-up, planning, showcase and retrospectives.
- Work with the business and development team to deliver the agreed work within the agreed timescales
- Work with the Product Owner and Business Users to ensure the current highest priority items are being addressed. Ensure the business and the development team are aligned
- Timely planning of sprints and releases to ensure that the team are focussed on the right things at the right time
- Responsible for the features delivered; ensuring each release delivers business value; whilst also providing quality, supportable software to Site Reliability Engineers
- Have a true servant leader attitude:
- Be responsible for lifting blockers for any member of the team
- Create a collaborative environment where the team is empowered to own each deliverables
- Work with the team to create and achieve OKRs (Objectives and Key Results)
- Ownership of the delivery roadmap where each iterative delivery can be tracked to a business value and OKR
- for team members towards self-organisation and best practices
- for other scrum masters or product owners to encourage continuous improvement
- Constantly seek for personal improvement by requesting feedback and leveraging other Scrum Master's experience.
- Work with the Product Owners to explain the importance a regular deliveries and a minimal viable product
Qualifications, knowledge and skills:
- Graduate calibre, degree in technology desirable
- Scrum Master certification
- Preferred but not essential: IMC qualification, other Scrum/ Agile certifications (e.g. product owner)
- Financial products at a basic level,
- Demonstrated ability to perform business requirement gathering and documentation (from high level to granular requirements)
- Good knowledge of portfolio management & trading operating models
- Good knowledge of Investment functions for an Institutional Fund Management company
- Good knowledge of front to back Trade Lifecycle
- Sound knowledge & experience of Agile work management tooling e.g. Jira
- Expert in SDLC and iterative delivery through an agile framework
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as a Scrum master, facilitating ceremonies and coaching team(s).
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Experience of running retrospectives and implementing Continuous Improvement within a development team
- Must have a proven technical background (CI/CD, release management…)
- Must have the ability to collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to ensure transparency and understanding of the requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to improve velocity through continuous improvement.
- 27 Days Holiday
- Product Discounts
- Private Medical Insurance (PMI)
- Virtual Health
- Health Screening
- Preventative Health Checks
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance
- Travel Advice
- Income Protection
- Study Support
- Family leave
- Elder Support