Up to £65 per hour
2 months ago
Algorithm Specialist - £65 per hour inside ir35 - 12 months (extension highly likely) - Hybrid (3 days on site) - Bristol - one stage virtual interview - ASAP start available - must be eligible for SC clearance - Sector: Aerospace & Defence
Yolk recruitment are recruiting for an algorithm specialist to work with an industry leading aerospace company pushing the boundaries of there field. This is an exciting opportunity to developing defence system algorithms across a wide range of defence products. As part of this team, you will support studies managing the complex performance trades between software and hardware and support algorithm proving activities.
- You will be responsible for the development of specific algorithms or studies to support a key programme within the company
- Responsibilities can include concept studies, algorithm design and trade-off studies, trials preparation, trials analysis and reporting, architecture definition, algorithm and model validation
- You will be autonomous and will be able to act as a point of contact for the navigation team's interactions with the other project teams e.g. Simulation and Modelling, Software, Hardware-in-the Loop, Systems Design & Validation and Technical Quality
- You will perform technical analyses and investigations into a full range of issues and problems along with preparing and developing solutions either individually or as a member of a project team
- You will engage with the algorithm users, understand and respond to their needs
- Experience of algorithm development in a relevant area (such as guidance, control, data fusion, optimisation, navigation)
- Experience of Mathematical Modelling would be beneficial (such as flight dynamics, aerodynamics, sensors, actuation systems)
- A good understanding of simulation environments (e.g. MATLAB and Simulink, or similar) and programming languages (e.g. FORTRAN, Python).
- Current SC security clearance
- Experience within the aerospace or defence sector