£35000 - £40000 per annum
24 days ago
11 December 2022
Yolk Recruitment is proud to be partnered with this well-established manufacturing business, an industry leader and a name synonymous with quality on the world stage, in the recruitment of a Production Planner.
This is your opportunity to join a secure business and work with a talented and motivated team in a role that will consistently engage and continue to grow, supported by a leadership team that will help you to realise your full potential regardless of the experience you bring on your first day. The company is regarded as one of the most attractive employers in the region and offers a great package, ongoing learning and development and career development opportunities in a supportive environment.
Due to the resources available for support and the profile of the business this role would be well suited to either an experienced Production Planner or someone earlier in their career as a Planner.
As Production Planner, this is what you'll be doing:
- Creating, controlling and communicating the Production Plan, taking into account varying manufacturing processes and capacities, inventory levels, identifying risks and mitigating where possible, monitoring progress and communicating changes to support on time delivery.
- Develop and communicate manning and production equipment plans in line with forecasts
- Attending and leading regular review meetings
- Continuous improvement activities - ERP development, performance against critical KPI's, improved production planning processes, reporting systems, and cost reduction activities.
- Develop and update capacity models for the department in close collaboration with Operations and Commercial colleagues, and work with department leadership to develop manning and equipment plans that align with forecasted demand.
The experience you'll bring to the team
- Previous Production Planning, Materials Scheduling or similar experience in manufacturing
- Strong communication skills, able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Willing to learn, regardless of level of experience.
- Proficient in the use of IT systems: Excel, ERP/MRP
And this is what the successful Production Planner can expect in return:
- Competitive salary, reviewed annually
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Professional development opportunities
- The opportunity to work with a talented team pulling in the same direction
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this Production Planner role apply now. You can apply here or contact Consultant Heath Johnson at or on 02922 671373.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.