£37625 - £43000.00 per annum + Benefits
23 days ago
13 October 2022
Yolk Recruitment are pleased to announce an exciting opening for an Area Engineering Manager to oversee our Civil and Structural Engineering teams.
Throughout our client's Port Talbot site, there a number of ageing static steel structures and concrete/bricked assets. The Area Engineering Manager will manage a team of civil and structural engineers, who are responsible for understanding the health of the assets, remaining life and the required rectification work, to ensure the assets remain safe and reliable status for continued operation.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Management of inspection/surveys plans/time lines and ensuring team members completed required tasks within the specified time frames. You will be able to plan, schedule, and manage large inspection programs on critical structural plant.
- Ensuring & producing professional, detailed & accurate reports with clear and precise observations / recommendations / improvement activities.
- Following-up on defective equipment repairs / replacement and ensure repairs are completed to the required standard with pre-engineering team/site services team.
- Deputising for the Asset Integrity Manager when required.
- Ensuring safe working practices and good house-keeping of jobs under your team's control.
The Area Engineering Manager will be educated to Degree level in Civil or Structural Engineering (However, equivalent knowledge, qualifications and experience will also be considered).
You'll have a number of year's experience in the manufacturing sector and will hold a good understanding of plant requirements. The Area Engineering Manager will be fluent in the use of Microsoft Offices programmes (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc), auto CAD and 3D Model viewers.
IOSH/NEBOSH Qualifications would also be advantageous.
Our client offers their employees significant benefits packages. For this role, you will benefit from:
* A market competitive salary
* 35 days holidays per annum
* Annual Pay Review
* Quarterly Bonus Scheme - subject to business performance
* Private Healthcare Scheme (Individual cover)
* One of the UK's leading defined contribution pension schemes (10% employer contribution / 6% employee contribution)
They also have an extensive list of lifestyle benefits including free on-site parking at all of our sites, an employee assistance programme as well as Employee discount scheme for companies including Vodafone, Nissan, Jaguar Land Rover and also various local services.
Our client is one of the world's top 10 steel producers. The combined group has an annual aggregate crude steel capacity of more than 33 million tonnes with approximately 80,000 employees across four continents.They are part of the Tata Group, one of the largest, most diverse conglomerates in the world with businesses in the UK including Jaguar Land Rover and Tetley Tea.
Sustainability is at the very heart of what they do and we are dedicated to managing our operations responsibly and to continuously improving our performance. Innovating for tomorrow, making a positive impact today
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.