Nantgarw, Rhondda Cynon Taff
Up to £27461 per annum
8 days ago
25 June 2023
Assistant People Business Partner
Full time (37.5 hours per week)
Band 5 (£27,461 pro rata per annum)
3 months duration
Yolk Recruitment Public Sector and Not-for-Profit is proud to support a prominent client in the healthcare sector in their search for an Assistant People Business Partner. As part of NHS Wales, they work with partners to plan, develop, educate and train the current and future workforce. Their uniqueness comes in our ability to do this through strategic and specialist workforce solutions.
As an integral member of their People Team, you will contribute to creating a positive work environment and driving forward their people strategy.
What you will be doing as Assistant People Business Partner:
- HR Support and Employee Relations
- Provide expert advice to line managers and staff on a wide range of HR matters, including grievance, sickness management, recruitment, disciplinary issues, and more.
- Act as a liaison between managers and relevant experts, facilitating access to expertise and ensuring adherence to policies, employment law, and best practices.
- Support the People Business Partner in absence management, including attending reviews and advising on Occupational Health and Wellbeing Services.
- Employee Engagement and Advocacy
- Promote a positive and inclusive employment relations environment, partnering with trade union representatives, staff, and managers to drive the People strategy.
- Coach managers on the interpretation and application of employment policies, ensuring compliance and fostering a compassionate working environment.
- Collaborate with the People team to deliver a comprehensive service, continuously seeking improvements in line with organisational goals.
- Policy Development and Training
- Contribute to the review and development of policies, procedures, and management guidance, providing recommendations for improvement.
- Support the design and delivery of training programs that enhance HR management, working closely with senior stakeholders.
- Utilise HR systems and databases to process information, generate reports, and support people management activities.
- To provide first line support to managers with Trac (an online recruitment system) and to support line managers to upload new posts to Trac.
- Supporting recruiting managers in ensuring that jobs to be advertised are processed efficiently through TRAC, including troubleshooting and authorising posts in TRAC as required. Including liaison with the Recruitment Team in NWSSP.
- To support with the appointment of direct hires to include conducting pre employment checks and drafting of contractual documentation.
- To support with the drafting of contractual documentation for ensuring that the contracts have been issued and signed by all relevant parties.
What you will need as Assistant People Business Partner:
- Educated to degree level or have the equivalent knowledge obtained via experience gained in working in an operational Workforce/Human Resources Role.
- Be able to demonstrate a range of HR Advisory experience.
- Ability to manage priorities and personal workloads and meet deadlines.
- Experience of IT packages such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Ability to respond to unexpected changes and adopt a flexible approach.
- Ability to problem solve effectively.
- High level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and as an effective member of the immediate and wider team.
What you will get in return as a Assistant People Business Partner:
- Incremental pay increases
- 5 hour standard working week
- Pay enhancements for shifts, overtime or out of hours
- 28 days holiday that increases with service plus bank holidays
- The NHS Pension Scheme is one of the most generous and comprehensive in the UK
- Occupational health & counselling services
- NHS Discounts
- Flexible working arrangements to strike work/life balance
- Childcare vouchers
If you think this one's for you
Please contact Izzy Richards at Yolk Recruitment on 07458160673 or
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work