£33000 - £38000 per annum
02921 673 727
5 days ago
12 June 2022
Yolk Recruitment are excited to be working exclusively with a leading Electronics company in Cardiff, to find an experienced and driven Assistant Purchasing Manager to join their team.
They partner with global and well-known brands, to provide security products and technology around the world and have become one of Europe’s most successful multi-brand distributors of electronic security products.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
This is an excellent opportunity for a driven and experienced Assistant Purchasing Manager to join a leading electronics company based in Cardiff. You will be joining a small team and will directly report to the Purchasing and Logistics manager, whereby you’ll maintain and oversee a large onsite inventory, circa £6.5 million. You will also:
- Complete careful analysis of stock, pre-allocations and stock movements to forecast future stock orders and ensure corrections and reordering when needed
- Oversee all supply opportunities and manage the full-service delivery through to completion.
- Support customers with various stock queries and requests, through procuring stock and correcting inventory
- Actively support stocktakes to ensure accuracy within all databases and systems, and reporting this to various senior staff members
- Create and present weekly and monthly reports regarding inventory and suggesting solutions to any areas of concern
- Monitor and report on goods within the warehouse, reporting any product defects and working with the live system data to determine stock trends and movements
- Work closely with the logistics coordinator, ensuring lead times are worked towards and catered for, and various transportation methods are used.
- Regularly report any performance updates and concerns to the Purchasing and Logistics manager
- Translating purchasing pricing into costing to be distributed to other departments
The experience you’ll bring to the role:
As an experienced and confident Assistant Purchasing Manager, you will need to have experience within a buying or purchasing role, and confidence in handling a large portfolio of stocked items. You’ll also have:
- An excellent understanding of forecasting and ordering stock using various tools
- Excellent communication skills with people at all levels
- Fantastic organisation and administrative skills, with a keen eye for detail and the ability to prioritise own workload
- Exemplary IT skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office and ideally Sage 200 (Or similar tools)
- Experience in producing analytical reports and presenting on these.
And this is what you’ll get in return
As an Assistant Purchasing Manager you’ll receive a salary up to £38,000 DOE + an annual bonus scheme, alongside:
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays (Increasing up to 28 days through years of service)
- Excellent opportunities for development progression within the business
- Free onsite parking
- A fantastic and dynamic team to work alongside everyday
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Various social events throughout the year
Are you up to the challenge?
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role - then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Chelsea Campbell on 02921 673 727