£250 - £350 per annum
2 months ago
Assistant VAT Accountant
up to £350 per day inside IR35
12 months (Extensions likely)
Royston - Hybrid - (50% remote)
ASAP starts available
One stage virtual interview
Yolk Recruitment are recruiting for an Assistant VAT Accountant to work with one of the globe's leading manufacturing companies. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the transformation of all VAT and other indirect tax activity in one of the companies leading business units primarily in the UK but also with a view to the global position. This role provide support with indirect tax issues, as well as indirect tax risk and process efficiencies.
- Provide support to BUs to resolve indirect tax issues.
- Ensure appropriate controls are in place around tax control accounts.
- Monitor tax compliance e.g. on invoices, GL transactions, etc
- Support Financial Accountant and Group Indirect Tax team with transactional tax queries.
- Support supply chain teams in the accuracy and completeness of accounting transactions.
- Ensure compliance with local indirect tax regulatory framework.
- Oversee update of manuals and procedures for tax processes.
- Improvement of existing tax processes and ensure that Group tax policy is followed.
- Professional accounting or Tax qualification, e.g. ACA, CIMA, CTA, or equivalent
- Experience working with the transformation of Tax processes and controls
- Precise understanding of local tax rules (corporation tax, VAT, deferred, withholding, etc) for management of tax calculations and submissions)
- Experience of chemicals / automotive industry
- Experience as a PMO