18 days ago
11 February 2023
Bath, UK - World Renowned Organisation - Competitive Salary
Yolk Recruitment is working with an international market leading company with offices based around the globe and their head office located in the heart of Bath city centre. This organisation is seeking to hire an in-house Associate Solicitor to join their experienced and progressive team.
Our client is a world-renowned global practice consisting of construction engineers, consultants and advisers who have delivered some of the most innovative and exciting construction projects around the globe.
The Company is a diverse one-firm culture where internal barriers are overcome through inclusivity and where sustainability is intrinsic to the economic and social impact of the work.
This is what you'll be doing
As an Associate Solicitor your role will support the Buildings & Cities side of the company which is responsible for executing the exciting engineering projects worldwide.
Duties and responsibilities will include:-
- Reviewing, negotiating and finalising contracts
- Providing advice to project managers to ensure corporate governance rules are adhered to by the business, ensuring the correct operation of its contractual obligations within the legal framework
- Advising the business with claims and disputes and liaising with insurers
- Provide with training to the wider business on a range of commercial and contractual topics.
- Developing and effectively executing procedures to enhance the efficiency of the Commercial and Legal Team as well as the wider business.
This is what you'll bring to the Team
You will be a qualified Solicitor / Legal Executive with experience of working in construction and engineering. Ideally you will have a minimum of two years' PQE but Newly Qualified Solicitors who have completed a seat in construction are encouraged to apply.
Ideally you will also have a good understanding of commercial law.
You will have prior experience of drafting contracts, capable of prioritising work effectively in a team and working under pressure to tight deadlines.
It is important to demonstrate that you can work on your own initiative and pro-actively engage in providing advice as and when required.
Good organisational and administrative skills are required along with the ability to multiple tasks.
This is what you'll get in return
- 25 days' annual leave
- Competitive salary plus 10% car allowance
- 3pm finish on the last Friday of the month - equivalent to an additional 4 days annual leave per annum
- Flexible work; Wednesdays are the company's 'Anchor Day' where staff are encouraged to attend the office if possible
- Private Medical Insurance
- Season Ticket Loan
- Life Assurance - 4x Annual Basic Salary
Are you interested in this position?
If you are looking to pursue the next step in your career with a highly regarded law firm, we encourage you to apply by contacting Oliver Coodye on 07458 142 713 or alternatively send your CV
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.