6 months ago
Automation Engineer - NPI
A new opportunity has been created with our client, a rapidly growing engineering and manufacturing success story that has created a number of new opportunities as a result of sustained growth and investment in their key South Wales location.
This is what you’ll be doing
You’ll work as part of a team of NPI, Development and Manufacturing Engineers with the goal of ensuring the smooth transfer of NPD projects into production.
Key responsibilities will include:
Responsibility for the development of automated equipment
- Obtaining and generating clear specifications for components and equipment with suppliers and colleagues
- Controlling the evolving design and safety standards for electrical drawings, automation hardware and software
- Liaising with production engineers and subcontractors to ensure correct deign, test, commissioning and installation of all automated equipment
- Interface with electrical suppliers to ensure effective and cost-effective solutions
- Fault finding, continuous improvement and upgrading of hardware and software to meet business needs
With colleagues in NPI:
- Development of production lines and special purpose machinery including:
- Producing specification and sign off documentation.
- Part of a team reviewing design, manufacture and commissioning with suppliers.
- Part of a team installing and testing new production lines.
- Involved in Machine Safety Reviews and Risk Assessments
Assist in the Transfer NPD projects into production including:
- Part of a team producing and reviewing Industrialisation and Process documentation.
- Implementing and investigating production processes including:
- Assisting with research and development of new processes.
- Identify any opportunities for improving new and existing processes.
Close involvement with the Development and Operations Departments including:
- Attend major breakdowns that are escalated to the Industrial team.
- Take part in Industrialisation reviews with operations for NPI.
- Continuously improve production equipment to meet Operations requirements
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- Hands on and time served Engineer
- Electrical HNC or equivalent
- Knowledge of Automation / Electrical i.e. PLcs, sensors etc.
And this is what you’ll get in return
- A competitive salary depending on experience, £30,000 - £35,000
- A range of working hours to select from to suit your home life
- Free parking
- The opportunity to work with likeminded engineers in one of Wales’ most exciting engineering businesses
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this role apply now. You can apply here or contact our Head of Engineering Phil Pitman directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 02921 673717.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.