Up to £52000.00 per annum
13 days ago
22 December 2022
Yolk Recruitment are exclusively working with an established Manufacturer who have been working from the same site for over 70 years, due to sustained growth and investment they are now looking to recruit for a Control Systems/ Automation Engineer.
The client is a World leading Manufacturer who supplies into a variety of markets including Food, Pharmaceutical, and packaging.
If this Days based opportunity sounds like you then apply and continue to read.
This is what you'll be doing.
As an Automation Engineer you will be joining the team a as technical leader, you'll be reporting into the Engineering Manager, being responsible for capex/upgrade projects working with the internal team to improve the Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) and Planned Preventative Maintenance systems (PPM).
Your responsibilities will be to oversee site improvements, energy reduction, OEE targets, Development plan of machinery.
Based on site in Pontypridd your main tasks as an Automation Engineer will include:
- Provide specialist engineering support to the manufacturing production operation in a reactive & preventative aspect
- The design, configuration, installation, commissioning, and maintenance of IT communication networks for new and current systems
- Corrective assistance to PLC-related plant breakdowns and methodically diagnosing faults to ensure line operation.
- Undertake the design, software modifications and improvements to the plant equipment whilst adhering to onsite software standardisation
- Complete the specification, maintenance and administration of all site PLC, HMI, SCADA and Historian software systems, which includes: Code backups, Fault finding and disaster recovery Modifications, Maintenance monitoring, Version control, Validation, Upgrades and bug fixes, System document and procedure updates, Software loop tuning, Licensing.
- Creation and maintenance of risk assessments and operating procedures in relation to maintenance and automation
- Working closely with Production & Maintenance to ensure production efficiency is maximised with minimal downtime.
The Experience you'll bring to the team.
- You will have a significant experience in an Automation Engineer role, with the ability to fault find, interrogate, and programme PLC systems including Siemens S7, Siemens Simatic, Allen Bradley, and Mitsubishi
- HNC/HND qualified or equivalent (Preferable)
- Previous Experience of AC/DC invertor Programming and maintenance
- Prince 2 (Highly advantageous).
- IOSH ( Advantageous)
- IT literate.
- A clean Driving Licence
And this is what you'll get in return.
A competitive salary of up to £52,000 per annum (dependent on experience), private health care, Bonus' and pension matched to 10% (4% employee, 6 % employer)
Are you up to the challenge?
Are you what we are looking?
Please get in touch today with our Engineering specialist, Andy Jones
Please apply with a CV and a Cover letter outlining why you would be perfect for the role. We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.*