9 months ago
Are you a strong Electrical Maintenance Engineer or Senior Technician who likes to discover the inner workings of machinery? Are you currently looking for a day’s only role?
This is an opportunity to join a global manufacturer who has long term opportunities to progress within a variety of areas across the business.
This is what you’ll be doing.
Reporting to the Engineering manager you will be working on days, overseeing an area of a busy manufacturing process, leading a team of technician’s completing reactive and preventative maintenance.
Tasks will include:
- Ensuring that staff are fully trained and conversant in all current and future software automation.
- To set up and manage control of site software and automation for area of responsibility, this includes calibration of instrumentation and all Process PLC’s and shared responsibility for Packing PLC’s.
- Be first contact for any issues regarding GSI, PLC software problems.
- To provide support to the shift technicians on a hands on and consultative basis.
- To ensure that the site has a robust, reliable operating platform and that adequate procedures and training are in place to recover from any potential failures.
- Ensure effective handover of work and communications between shifts, assessing the situation and if required stay to resolve issues to a satisfactory conclusion
- Ensure all relevant work records are completed and resulting actions successfully completed.
The Experience you’ll bring to the team.
- Apprentice trained or HNC/ONC
- 2 years manufacturing experience
- Experience adjusting programming on various PLCs (essential)
- Experience in programming PLCs from Scratch.
- Experience in Leading a team of technicians
- Experience/Knowledge of SCADA/HMI
And this is what you’ll get in return.
A competitive salary worth up to £50000, Health Cover, Death in service (2x Annual Salary) 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays.
You’ll be joining a growing stable business who will invest in your career with the opportunity to complete further educational studies.
Are you up to the challenge?
Are you what we are looking? Please get in touch today with our Engineering specialist, Andy Jones on either email@example.com or 02921 673741.
Please apply with a CV and a Cover letter outlining why you would be perfect for the role. We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying – then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.*