2 months ago
We are working with a large government body based in London who are looking for a senor Board Secretary to be the interface between Authority Members and the Executive and is responsible for ensuring the proper governance of the organisation.
This is what you’ll be doing
- Clerk, supervise and run the Board, Committees and Executive meetings in accordance with governance requirements.
- Have oversight of forward programmes and the preparation (and publication as appropriate) of agendas, reports, decision/instruction sheets and minutes and such other actions which arise as a result of the meeting, such as monitoring progress on actions agreed
- Draft reports for executive and non-executive bodies, letters, memorandum, notes of meetings, briefing papers etc
- Ensure that all governance activities including strategies, policies, procedures and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are in place and regularly reviewed
- Setting and maintaining standards for the team to ensure consistent high level support to the Board and Board sub-Committees.
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- Detail-oriented, organized, critical thinker, and strong analytical skills
- Experience of undertaking a range of governance and committee related support work or similar in a local government or similar organisation or body.
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills in order to liaise with, develop, and maintain effective relationships Authority Members, Directors, Senior Management Team and staff at all levels
- Relevant experience in setting and maintaining standards of a corporate support function to consistently deliver high quality support.
What you’ll get in return
- Basic Salary of up to £47,000
- 26 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Great Location
- Flexi Working opportunities
Are you up for the challenge?
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role - then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Katie Phillips at Yolk Recruitment on 02921 673 762
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.*