Up to £43889.00 per annum
2 months ago
Here's what you can expect to be doing:
You'll be responsible for managing financial controls and reporting relating to the costs of the business. This will include working with managers across the business in preparing budgets and, when required, forecasts. You will review spend against budget and together with other KPI's provide the Executive Leadership Team and managers with analysis, challenge, and support to ensure effective and efficient use of the organisation's resources.
Work with the CFO and the other Financial Controllers to provide an effective and efficient financial management service to the business.
Carry out peer reviews of and sign off all financial models prepared by the Net income Financial Controller or their team so as to minimise the risk of errors and ensure that the logic that is built into the model correctly supports the decision being reached.
You'll be expected to operate autonomously in their areas of responsibility, while also needing to keep several key members of staff appraised of developments and issues arising out of the specialised nature of many of the activities in this position. This position requires close day to day working with the CFO, the other Financial Controllers, the Executive Leadership Team and senior managers across the organisation.
As our Financial Controller your key responsibilities will include:
- Ownership of the monthly calculation and posting of journals for accruals and prepayments.
- Monitoring of spend to ensure accurate reporting and working with budget managers to understand variances and agree actions that are appropriate
- Leading on the preparation of financial management information, including monthly management accounts and input into performance reports, budgets, and other ad hoc information as required.
- Providing overall financial management to divisional heads and provide financial related information and advice to aid financial planning, control and decision-making.
- You may have line manager responsibility for a management accountant who will support in the delivery of the responsibilities of the role).
For this role you'll need:
- A recognised Finance qualification with at least 3 years relevant experience in a finance environment
- To be IT literate, can work with ease on ERP systems and experienced in manipulating data via Spreadsheets and other reporting tools and has a good knowledge of current modelling best practices.
- Experience in developing tailored techniques to demonstrate the significance of financial data.
- To be able to engender respect from colleagues and peers for technical knowledge, management skills and ability to drive solutions into complex situations.
- Good interpersonal, communication, presentation and negotiating skills.
- To be comfortable operating with minimal task management and have the confidence to sometimes deliver difficult news to senior managers including directors.
- A professional approach to completing tasks/projects to required deadlines, with a strong attention to detail while also not losing sight of the bigger picture and objective in hand and retains the commitment of others involved in those tasks.
Salary is £43389 with a £3000 add on for being a qualified accountant