14 days ago
12 February 2021
£25,000 - £30,000 per annum plus benefits
Would you like to be part of an accelerating and award-winning business in 2021? Do you have proven experience as a Buyer or Buying Assistant? Do you have previous experience working within a procurement team? If so this opportunity could be perfect for you. Reporting directly to the Production Director your role as Buyer will involve performing a wide range of activities including representing the company through contract negotiation and formulating policies with suppliers.
As Buyer you will be…
· Maintaining records of goods ordered and received.
· Locating vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales.
· Preparing and processing requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
· Controlling purchasing department budgets.
· Interviewing and hiring staff, oversee training.
· Analyzing market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability.
· Develop and implement purchasing and contact management instructions, policies, and procedures.
· Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.
· Prepare reports for managers meeting.
· Administer on line purchasing systems.
The experience and behaviours you’ll bring to the team will include….
· Proven experience of working on an MRP system or equivalent ordering systems
· Strong desire to succeed and enhance your skill set
· Previous experience within a Buyer or Procurement role
· Excellent communication skills
· Computer literate
For immediate consideration apply now or email your CV to: mailto:AIsaac@yolkrecruitment.com