Up to £35 per hour
2 months ago
Buyer - £35 per hour inside ir35 - Newport - Hybrid (3 days onsite, 2 remote) - 12 months (extensions likely) - One stage virtual interview - Sector: Engineering / Technology
Yolk Recruitment are recruiting for a Buyer to working with a leading aerospace and defence client that is at the forefront of technical innovations.
The ideal candidate will be strategic buyer that has contract negotiation skills and an enthusiasm for cutting edge engineering.
Due to the security nature of the project, the candidate will need to undergo SC security clearance before they can begin the project.
- Manage the sourcing activity for Engineering Services required by major programmes for Client in the UK
- Management of call for tenders and contractual negotiation to achieve the best purchasing conditions in accordance within Company requirements
- Monitoring the contract during innovation, development, serial and support phases with suppliers and Company stakeholders to achieve throughout the contract life cycle a complete application of terms and conditions to ensure suppliers deliver the expected performance in all dimensions (Logistics, support, quality, cost.)
- Managing the day-to-day relationships with suppliers and running projects to optimise customer value, while minimising total cost of ownership & risks
- Being an active part and contributing to the Multi-Functional Team which includes Procurement, Engineering, Programme, Security, Commercial & Contracts, Ethics & Compliance all along the tendering, contracting and contract life cycle phases.
- Excellent communication skills at negotiation level
- Customer focused and solution oriented.
- Autonomous and self-motivating professional who likes to work in a dynamic and collaborative team.
- Requires awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity
- Currently SC security cleared or eligible to undergo clearance.
- Degree in Engineering and/or Business School