Up to £35000.00 per annum
10 months ago
Yolk recruitment are proud to be working with a leading global manufacturer who are looking for an experienced Buyer to join their Bridgend team. This is an opportunity to work in an exciting industry in a role that offers development and the security of global company.
Due to the resources available for support and the profile of the business this role would be well suited to either an experienced Buyer or someone earlier in their career as a Buyer who is able to manage their own workload and work autonomously.
This is what you'll be doing
- Sourcing products and negotiation with external suppliers both within the UK and internationally
- Be a point of contact for sourcing products
- Source materials in line with company orders and targets
- Request quotations and manage external suppliers
- Maintain negotiations in line with company cost reduction procedures
- Prepare purchasing reports
- Support project management on material selection
- Work closely with the finance team to ensure order processes are sufficient
- Build and maintain supplier relationships
The experience you'll bring to the team
- Experience in a similar expansive Buying role
- Understanding on quality standards
- Experience using ERP/MRP systems
- Good negotiation skill and communication skills
- Able to work off own initiative and be able to work as a part of a collaborative team
- Ability to multitask and communicate with team members
- Computer literate
And this is what you'll get in return
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to work for a leading market leader
- Share scheme
- Company events
Apply now for more details
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.