£50 - £55 per hour
11 days ago
13 April 2023
C/C++ Software Engineer - Inside IR35 - £55 per hour - SC Cleared or Willing to Undergo - 12 Months - Stevenage - SINGLE STAGE INTERVIEW
Yolk Recruitment are recruiting for a C/C++ Software Engineer to work onsite in Stevenage on defence products into Q2 2023.
In this role you will be:
- Designing and developing Test Equipment software to test world leading complex missile systems and sub-components;
- Working with a wide range of teams and stakeholders across our client's to deliver test software capability of products from early concept to production;
- Exploring and experimenting with new implementations and technologies to meet the ever challenging customer requirements
- Challenging and implementing real change when opportunities arise in the way the software is developed both within test software and the wider software community
- Embracing Agility and delivering value to the company giving you are real sense of achievement
- Working in a Software Engineering office / lab environment engaging with test equipment and electronic
What are we looking for?
We are keen to expand our team with the right people that complement and enrich our culture while empowering our exciting transformation initiative. We are keen to learn from new people and passionate about building high performing teams. We therefore invite self-motivated, passionate, adaptable and proficient software engineers to apply for this role.
- Previous software engineering experience in the development of test solutions
- Strong ability to write software in C / C++; experience with C# and scripting languages would be an advantage to our future strategy.
- Proactive and able to take ownership of the software development.
- Great communication skills with a strong motivation for collaboration.
- Previous experience working in an agile development team.
- A strong understanding of what is required to create high quality software and the ability to support quality practices
- Knowledge and experience of NI TestStand is desirable
- Knowledge of electronics measurement and debug techniques using equipment such as oscilloscopes and spectrum analysers
- Understanding of communications and serial interfaces such as RS422, RS485, Modbus, CAN and 1553
- Can articulate the benefits of key software craftsmanship practices like unit testing and good design
- Someone who is comfortable with change and understands the importance of continuous improvement within a modern software development team.
- Experience of Test Driven Development within a software engineering context and comfortable with practices like pair programming and lightweight design modelling
- A good understanding of automation, continuous integration and DevOps principles and practices desirable.