Case Officer, Canary Wharf, £24,000-£26,000
My client, a public sector licensing authority is looking to recruit a License Review Officer into their existing team. You will act as the frontline of the organisation, assessing applications as they come through and assisting those who require special measures to process applications (for example those living overseas, or lacking appropriate documentation).
This is what you’ll be doing
- To be a member of a team of Decisions Officers working in the Decisions Team in order to complete the day-to-day activities and tasks in relation to individual licensing and Approved Contractor applications.
- To support the regulated industry to comply with the regulatory regime to protect the public and to ensure the integrity of the Approved Contractor scheme is maintained.
- To assess individual licence applications making appropriate enquiries, assessments, recommendations and decisions applying decision criteria correctly.
- To liaise directly with medical practitioners and mental health teams in order to ensure applicants with underlying mental health conditions are treated fairly and consistently in line with our criteria.
- To ensure applicants residing overseas, including those unable to submit authenticated criminality certificates are not disadvantaged and that applications are progressed in a timely manner.
- To telephone the providers of character references and robustly test their personal knowledge of the applicant / licence holder during the relevant period, maintaining a courteous and professional manner.
- To assess fraudulent documents submitted in support of an application and take appropriate action including referral to external agencies.
- To work closely with other departments and training providers in order to ensure appropriate action is taken against applicants/licence holders where we have corroborated evidence training was received by fraudulent means.
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- Able to understand and interpret legislation and then apply this to every day compliance activity
- Experience in undertaking challenging conversations with people whether this be on the phone or face to face
- Able to persuade and influence people to take the necessary action applying appropriate questioning techniques when required
- Experience in managing caseloads and adhering to tight deadlines involving the exercising of judgement
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment and development of customer relationship.