£30000 - £43000 per annum
6 months ago
Yolk Recruitment Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team has partnered with a local NHS trust, one of the biggest in England. We are supporting their busy procurement team to recruit several positions due to growth.
This is a permanent opportunity to support our NHS to ensure the best value fore money.
What the Category Manager will be doing
- Strategic Procurement: Lead procurement efforts to optimise cash-releasing savings opportunities across various categories, including medical and non-medical commodities.
- Contract Management: Manage and nurture supplier relationships while overseeing contract negotiations and compliance, ensuring best value for the organisation.
- Project Management: Initiate and manage procurement projects to achieve set savings targets in alignment with departmental and organisational goals.
- Collaborative Procurement: Identify and leverage opportunities for collaborative procurement projects, driving efficiency and cost reduction.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Develop and maintain strong relationships with key decision-makers in end-user departments to achieve cost reduction objectives while ensuring high-quality service delivery.
What the successful Category Manager will bring to the team
This role is suitable for someone with the following
- Business Degree or Diploma in Procurement & Supply, or equivalent experience with evidence of ongoing advanced study.
- Significant experience in commercial contracting, supplier management, and tendering processes, with a track record of dealing with suppliers at a senior level.
- Strong commercial skills with an ability to influence and persuade stakeholders effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate within a team, complemented by excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency in using word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
Here's What You'll Get in Return
- A nationally defined salary with incremental pay increases dependent on service
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days holiday that increases with service, plus bank holidays
- one of the most generous and comprehensive pension schemes in the UK
- NHS discounts, plus cycle to work scheme.
Think this one's for you
If you think the Category Manager opportunity is for you then apply online or call Sophie Roach to discuss this role in confidence on 07458143279
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.