£44000.00 - £49000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Category Manager (Technology Focus) - up to £49,000 - Hybrid (Newport)
The Yolk Recruitment Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team are working with an incredibly unique Civil Service organisation that is currently undergoing an interesting long form digital transformation.
We are supporting them to recruit a Category Manager to be responsible for a budget of between £30 and £40 million with a focus on IT services and equipment.
You will be responsible for three direct reports, sourcing new suppliers, and consolidating the current selection of suppliers. You will have a high degree of responsibility over the strategic vision of the role, and need to be strategically minded.
What the Category Manager will be doing
You will be responsible for a budget of around £40,000,000 with 3 commercial officers reporting into you. While you will be taking a lead on a lot of the day to day, your primary focus will be on the overall strategy for your category.
- Work to negotiate favourable arrangements with key new suppliers, and re-negotiate existing contracts with suppliers.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to guide decision making regarding third party engagement
- Line manage and lead your commercial category in managing a diverse supplier base
- Enhance and implement current procurement policy, ensuring it is all logged on the e-procurement system
What the successful Category Manager will bring to the team
You will have clear experience developing category strategies, and delivering policy compliant solutions for procurement of goods and services.
- Good strategy experience regarding procurement and category management procedures
- Ability to guide every stage of the procurement process
- Solid understanding of procurement documentation
- Effective line management ability
Here's What You'll Get in Return
- Salary of up to £49,000
- Pension scheme up to 27.9%
- Discretionary Bonus Arrangements
- 25 days annual leave
- Very Flexible Working arrangements
- Hybrid working options
Think this one's for you
If you think this Category Manager opportunity is for you then please apply online.
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.