£46093 - £61187 per annum
24 days ago
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit is working with a large and fast-growing regulatory body to support them to recruit a CDC Pension Supervisor for a permanent role. This is a newly created position to support the update of internal operational processes, and once the regulation is in place, to lead in the assessment of evidence.
You’ll be part of the small and highly motivated team who will work to deliver the assessment, authorisation and ongoing supervision of CDC applications as provided for in the Pensions Schemes Act 2021. The role will work closely across the organisation, including intelligence, advisory experts and other front line regulatory teams.
What the CDC Pension Supervisor will be doing
- Reviewing applications and liaising with advisers and the applicants to assess whether legal authorisation criteria are met to reach a recommendation on authorisation.
- Managing outcomes-focused engagements with a broad range of stakeholders. You will, in the first 12 months, be the dedicated point of contact / Supervisor for an applicant.
- Presenting to and liaising with senior management and formal governance / decision making structures to present your recommendation and to support them reaching an authorisation decision within the timescales set out in the Pensions Schemes Act 2021.
- Contributing to the department’s professional knowledge and operational resilience.
- Constructively challenging to help make the department and organisation more efficient and effective.
- You may be asked to design and deliver specific training or guidance, particularly related to the ongoing assessment, authorisation and supervision of CDC schemes.
What the CDC Pension Supervisor will bring to the team
- Analytical / problem solving: Evidenced ability to analyse complex information and data as well and translate into a clear and actionable strategy
- Negotiating / Influencing: You must be able to strongly challenge/interrogate information provided, complete tools required and determine an action plan. You must be able to build effective relationships to influence others, being assured to interact confidently with trustees and other stakeholders at Board level.
- Strong financial and commercial, awareness: Knowledge of pensions regulation and the economic and commercial landscape, particularly as this role relates to the authorisation of pension schemes (including Master Trusts).
- Experience of regulatory authorisation processes: A strong understanding of existing authorisation frameworks (such as the authorisation and supervision of Master Trusts), ideally having been involved in the development of an authorisation application.
What the CDC Pension Supervisor will get in return
- Salary range of £46,000 to £61,000 depending on experience
- Civil service pension scheme
- Performance related pay
- 25 days annual leave
- Lots of opportunities for development
- Hybrid working
Up for the challenge?
If you think this CDC Pension Supervisor opportunity sounds like you then please apply online or call Zoiya Saleem at Yolk Recruitment to discuss the role in confidence
Yolk Public Sector & Not-for-Profit team works with organisations across the UK to fulfil their recruitment needs and to achieve their D&I objectives. We recruit temporary, contract and permanent hires for 1 off specialist needs or for volume campaigns. We support our applicants to navigate the public sector recruitment processes and secure their dream jobs.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.