£33,735 to £39,334
about 1 month ago
15 November 2021
Chemistry Team Leaders
Yolk has partnered with one of the biggest employers in Wales which provides essential public services to recruit a team of Chemistry Team Leaders. These are all permanent opportunities based out of their lab in Cardiff with parking and great transport links. This is a supervisory position offering a great salary and benefits package as well as ongoing careers development. You’ll be joining a team of enthusiastic scientists who take pride in maintaining the exceptional quality system. They thrive in building the strength in our team by providing range of excellent internal and external training.
What you’ll be doing
As a Chemistry Team Leader you will:
- Ensure that the company’s statutory and regulatory responsibilities with regard to drinking water quality are met and regulatory risk to the business is managed effectively.
- Supervise a team of Analysts and /or Technicians within the Chemistry Department in support of the Department Manager.
- Ensure that all relevant Health and Safety and Environmental standards are adhered to within the Laboratory.
- Coach and mentor junior staff.
- Analyse water samples using a variety of Chemistry methods and using a variety of techniques and instrumentation to comply with UK regulations
- Manage staff resources on daily basis to ensure all analyses and other tasks are completed on time.
- Support the Chemistry Department Manager and where required deputise in their absence.
- Provide support to the Quality Assurance Manager during audits.
- Monitor water quality for the purpose of protecting public health
What you’ll bring to the team
The successful Chemistry Team Leader will bring all or most of the following skills and experience to the role:
- Technical background, qualified to degree level (preference will be given to a scientific degree). (equivalent relevant experience may be considered as an alternative to formal qualifications)
- Good understanding and experience of computer packages including Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS)
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous relevant experience in working within an ISO 17025 accredited laboratory.
- Critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Experience in leadership and supervision.
- Understanding COSHH and Health and Safety regulations, and experience in producing risk assessments.
- Knowledge of the Potable Water Industry.
- Membership of a professional body, ideally at chartered status.
Here’s What You’ll Get in Return
The successful Chemistry Team Leader will receive the following:
Base salary of £33,735 to £39,334
Enhanced pension scheme
Discounted gym and high street shopping
Health cashback scheme
Car leasing scheme
And many more
Think this one’s for you?
If you think this Chemistry Team Leader opportunity is for you then apply online or call Nici Jones to discuss the role in confidence on 07458 161402.