Depending on Experience
11 months ago
Child Care Lawyer
An award winning, regional law firm with big growth plans are looking for an experienced Care Lawyer to join their busy team in their Pembroke office.
This is what you’ll be doing
You will be dealing with a range of care matters, including Private Children and legally aided matters. Any PQE will be considered as the quality of experience in care matters is more essential. Ideally you will be on the Child Care panel but this is not essential.
Your duties will include (but not limited to):
- Liaising with social services
- Attending meetings and conferences with social services
- Assist on court cases and attend court
- Deal with a range of care orders from a supervision order, a placement order, a special guardianship order and adoption orders
- Dealing with legal aid applications
- Conducting your own advocacy if applicable.
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- A qualified Solicitor or Legal Executive (1 PQE +)
- Family experience is essential
- Panel membership is an advantage
- Knowledge of Legal Aid systems
- Professionalism and courtesy with clients and colleagues
What you’ll get in return
- An excellent salary depending on PQE
- An excellent opportunity to establish a work, life balance
- Working for an established, Welsh law firm with a family feel and culture
Are you up for the challenge?
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role - then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Sarah Castle at Yolk Recruitment on 02921673737.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.*