£45000 per annum
02921 673 737
11 days ago
03 November 2021
Cardiff / Home working
A rare opportunity has presented itself, within the Child Care Family team of a reputable law firm in Wales. You’ll be based out of the Cardiff office, with flexibility and home working also on offer and you will be on the Law Society’s Child Care Panel – this is essential.
You will be responsible for managing your own caseload of children matters within a larger family team. The childcare department is a small, close-knit team, that undertakes a significant amount of childcare work locally, as well as nationally. A lot of the work comes from referrals and therefore BD is not essential.
This is what you will be doing:
- Have conduct of an existing workload of childcare matters
- Act as the head of the childcare law department in Cardiff (hence the Panel accreditation is essential)
- Achieve an individual income target
- Be pro-active
- Cross sell work to other departments within the firm
- To build rapport with clients, their families, clinicians, social workers and give the best client service
- Deal with enquiries from prospective new clients
- Accepting instructions from new clients
- Advising on costs and funding
- Working to strict deadlines and service level agreements using a case management system
- Provide accurate and timely advice to clients
The experience you will bring to the team:
- A qualified Solicitor / Lawyer
- Experience in family law is essential
- Law Society’s Child Care Panel is essential
- You must be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of clinical negligence liability and willingness to keep up to date with legal developments
- Experienced using case management systems and Microsoft Office
- Be IT literate
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- A positive attitude and be a team player
- Excellent communication skills over the phone, in person and also via email.
What you will get in return
- Working within a reputable law firm
- Access to the highest quality of work
- A work / life balance
- Working under market leading Lawyers.
Are you up for the challenge?
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role – then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions, please contact Sarah Castle at Yolk Recruitment.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying – then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.