£20000 per annum
02922 260 612
18 days ago
10 July 2022
UK – Newport – Highly regarded firm – Competitive Salary
Yolk Recruitment is working with a local firm within the Clinical Negligence team. You will work as part of a dynamic team providing a wide range of advice to private and public sector bodies ranging from matters such as complex birth injury to care home negligence. The firm is well respected in South Wales, is family orientated with an emphasis on putting their clients first to ensure complete satisfaction.
Within this position you would be working on sensitive matters alongside paralegals, junior solicitors reporting to the Senior Partner.
This is what you'll be doing
As a Client Claims Handler you will be the initial point of contact for all potential Clinical Negligence claimants. You will also be responsible for the following:
• Assisting fee-earners in acting for a range of clients in matters dealt with by the Clinical Negligence Dept.
• Initiate new matter starts on practice management system.
• Support Solicitors and Partners in the management of their cases as and when required.
• Meeting with clients for the purposes of taking instructions.
• To ensure that all client work and such other tasks and duties as may be delegated by Partners and Solicitors are progressed/carried out expeditiously.
• Appropriate documentation of work for billing purposes.
• Ensure all financial control procedures are followed particularly in respect of billing and the collection of monies.
This is what you'll bring to the Team
The following experience is also essential for the fulfilment of the role:-
• Strong IT skills with the ability to use a range of case management systems.
• Supporting people in the management of their caseloads.
• Minimum 5 years’ medical/legal background.
You must be able to:-
• Think strategically and prioritise
• Build rapport naturally
• Communicate effectively people both inside and outside the organisation at all levels in a clear and concise manner.
• Balance the competing needs and interests effectively managing your own time.
• Convey a true understanding of clients needs and maintain a high level of client care at all times.
• Assess situations and provide appropriate feedback.
Ideally, you will also have the following experience:-
• Legal Practice and/or Clinical Negligence Department
• Sales experience
This is what you'll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity for a Client Claims Handler to join a firm which is highly regarded, and these are a few of the benefits you will get in return:
• Competitive salary
• Life Cover (Death in Service Benefit)
• Annual leave of 20 days plus bank holidays.
• Discounted private health cover
• Discounted Season Car Parking Ticket
• Specsavers Discount to include a full sight and eye health check.
• Income protection
Are you interested in this position?
If you are looking to pursue the next step in your career with a highly regarded law firm, we encourage you to apply by contacting Nicole Smith on 07458 161 770 or alternatively send your CV to Nicole.Smith@yolkrecruitment.com.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.