Up to £44000.00 per annum
13 days ago
23 June 2023
Lawyer - Clinical Negligence
Bristol, UK - Salary up to £44,000
Yolk Legal are working alongside a Bristol based law firm with a formidable reputation in the Clinical Negligence space to seeking to add a Lawyer with up to three years PQE to their ranks. This is a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic Clinical Negligence enthusiastic about business development and eager to use your networking skills.
This is an opportunity to join an award-winning law firm in Bristol, recognised by Chambers and Partners UK and Legal 500 UK 2023 and having received top-tier rankings and multiple awards. This firm was listed as a Finalist in the Bristol Law Society Awards 2022 for Law Firm of the Year.
The successful candidate will be championing this firm's values and actively supporting the firm's objectives. You will be joining a legal practice committed to making a positive impact in the community. This firm has been awarded a band 1 ranking by Chambers and Partners UK for their medical negligence practice with three of it's specialists singled out for their expertise and individually ranked.
This firm's Clinical Negligence team is also one of only five medical negligence departments in the South West region to receive a tier 1 ranking from Legal 500. The team is led by panel members of Action Against Medical Accidents, the charity for patient safety and justice, and the Law Society's Clinical Negligence Accreditation Scheme. The team also won Team of the Year at the Bristol Law Society Awards 2019.
This is what you'll be doing
As a Clinical Negligence Lawyer you will be responsible for the following duties:-
- Running a caseload of pre-action and litigated cases delivering excellent client service
- Interviewing clients, taking instructions, and preparing Witness Statements.
- Supporting individual members of the team with progressing casework on complex cases of maximum severity.
- Attending costs and case management conferences and other court hearings on behalf of clients where appropriate.
- Conducting and assisting fee earners with the conduct of matters on behalf of clients.
The is what you'll bring to the team
The successful candidate will bring the following experience to the Clinical Negligence Team:-
- Qualified Solicitor or Legal Executive with at least 3 years' experience in Clinical Negligence work.
- Knowledge of pre-litigation protocols and procedures, drafting claims and other court documents.
- Excellent communication and client-care skills.
- The ability to manage a complex caseload and work under pressure.
This is what you'll get in return
You will receive the following benefits:-
- Competitive salary and annual bonus depending on individual and firm performance throughout the year.
- The opportunity to work with a top-tier ranked Clinical Negligence team
- 25 days holiday per year with the ability to purchase up to five additional days. Extra holidays are provided after three years' service up to a maximum of 33 days.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Death in service up to x4 times your salary
- Discounted legal services
- Medicash Plan which includes virtual GP support and cashback on routine medical treatment
- A well-resourced and well-supported environment
- A culture of kindness and friendliness
Are you up to the challenge?
If you are looking to pursue the next step in your career with a highly regarded law firm, we encourage you to apply by contacting Oliver Coodye on 07458 142 713 or alternatively send your CV
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.