Up to £28600.00 per annum
17 days ago
07 April 2023
CNC Machinist - Turning.
£28,000 - £30,000
Shift - 6AM - 2.45PM Monday-Thursday, 10AM finish on Friday.
We are currently seeking a highly skilled CNC Machinist to join a leading bespoke mechanical engineering company. Yolk recruitment are supporting on this recruitment campaign for a highly successful and growing manufacturing company. As a CNC Machinist, you will be responsible for manufacturing components that are compliant with drawing against the production plan. You will work closely with the Production Manager and be an integral part of the team, ensuring that components are machined to the latest issue drawing and delivered on time.
This is what you'll be doing:
- Generating CNC programmes on Fanuc controls for turning machines.
- Ensuring tooling, fixtures, gauges, drawings etc are available, prepared and the machining process is documented and understood in readiness for the next job
- Recording critical dimensions on associated inspection sheet
- Carrying out basic maintenance in line with PPM's (Planned Preventative Maintenance)
- Providing feedback to engineering on any machining process improvement ideas and drawing tolerance amendments required
- Ensuring that any lifting equipment/strap(s) are within safety procedure before use
- Recording consumption of consumable tooling, highlighting exceptions
The experience you'll bring to the team:
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings
- Experience with CNC programming with Fanuc controls.
- CNC machining techniques/capabilities and adhere to workshop practices
- Experience of machining exotic metals is advantageous.
- The ability to use measuring equipment.
- Problem solving
And this is what you'll get in return:
- Salary reviews with development
- 10% shift allowance
- 25 days holidays
- Pension scheme
- Career development opportunities
- On-site parking
Are you up to the challenge?
If you're an experienced CNC Machinist with a passion for precision engineering, we'd love to hear from you. Apply now and take the next step in your career with a highly successful and growing manufacturing company.