10 months ago
Commercial Litigation Paralegal
A small and unique law firm with an office just outside Cardiff, pride themselves on working in an autonomous way with no time or cost targets. This is a position that offers real work / life balance with the working hours of 8.30 – 5.30pm with an hour for lunch. This firm are specialist advocates who offer a nationwide advocacy service for blue chip clients and Solicitors and are looking for a Paralegal to deal with a caseload of landlord and tenant, and housing law matters.
This is what you’ll be doing
· Dealing with a mixed caseload of landlord and tenant, debt recovery and general advocacy matters
·You will report to a Senior Solicitor (no monetary targets/ chargeable hours)
·Opportunities to actively developing business in line with firms growth plans.
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- Assisting with and handling your own caseload of housing law files including possession claims and other private landlord matters.
- Dealing with client queries both via email and telephone.
- Carrying out office administration, including the opening and closing of files, recording of deadlines, organisation of files etc.
- Undertaking legal research.
- Conducting initial case reviews/assessments.
- Drafting claim forms and particulars of claim, replies to defence and witness statements.
- Preparing instructions to advocate/counsel.
- Preparing court bundles.
- Negotiating settlements.
- Assisting with the billing process.
And this is what you’ll get in return
- Autonomy to carry out your dutie
- An excellent work, life balance
- Support from Senior Solicitors, Directors and the wider business
- Private health insurance
- Life Insurance
How to Apply
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role – then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Sarah Castle at Yolk Recruitment on 02921 673737.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role.If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying – then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.*