15 days ago
09 July 2021
Commercial Property Paralegal
A multi service high street law firm are recruiting into their highly reputable Commercial Property team, based in Newport. This firm offer training contracts and support alternative routes to qualification and so you will be able to progress your legal career here. Many of the current partners trained with this firm so promoting internally is key for them.
This is what you will be doing:
· You will act as first point of contact with new client enquiries and take initial instructions.
· To meet clients in person and over video link
· To hold client meetings to take instructions/executing documents/any other necessary tasks, both in and out of the office.
· To prepare reports, file notes or briefing notes
· To keep clients updated regularly on progress and on costs etc.
· To assist on commercial property files
· Dealing with Land Registry applications for registration of title and unregistered land.
· Dealing with LTT and/or SDLT returns
· To time record for billing purposes
· To comply with the Solicitors Accounts Rules and the Rules on the Professional Conduct of Solicitors.
· To ensure good working relationships with external institutions and organisations.
· In liaison with Head of department and other partners, to be active in promoting the services of the firm and its image and ethos.
· To manage all client work allocated and in accordance with detailed procedures and quality standards contained in the firm’s Office Manual.
The experience you will bring to the team.
The LLB / LPC / GDL is essential
Experience is commercial property is essential (ideally 2 years but this is a guide only)
You must be a team player.
This is a full-time permanent position with a requirement to work in the office.
What you will get in return
An excellent salary above market average
A fantastic benefit package.
The highest quality of work / experience
Personal career progression and development
Working under market leading Lawyers.
Are you up for the challenge?
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role – then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions, please contact Sarah Castle at Yolk Recruitment.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying – then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.