3 months ago
Yolk are proud to announce their partnership with Welsh Cycling, the National Governing Body for cycling in Wales.
Are you passionate about sports and sports journalism? Do you love road bicycle racing, mountain bike racing, track cycling, BMX, time trialling, freestyle or even just a Sunday cycle with your family?
I am looking for a communications specialist with a passion for creative sports journalism to develop and coordinate PR and Communications plans.
This is what you’ll be doing
You will be working in a small, friendly, laidback office with larger than life characters, elite sports professionals and senior board members to successfully deliver information and key messages to the membership and wider public through various media channels. Your role will also include:
- Developing in conjunction with the CEO and senior managers, a Communications strategy that effectively markets the organisation to meet its objectives and maximise its potential to increase income.
- Managing all appropriate sponsorships activation areas are achieved and all details are managed in a creative, timely and cost efficient manner.
- Ensuring the organisation is understood by the media and the media are interested in presenting information to the public in a manner that informs and educates them on Welsh Cycling and its objectives i.e press releases, photo calls, interviews.
- Managing the Welsh Cycling website and social media channels.
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- Recognised professional qualifications in Journalism, Public Relations or holds degree in Media or equivalent subject.
- A genuine passion for sport.
- Ability to create and deliver a Content plan, working in partnership with the Welsh Cycling team, partners, sponsors and third parties, to ensure all communications are aligned to the companies values and vision.
- Oversee and manage one additional team member in the creation of quality content for digital media such as website, social media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter).
And this is what you’ll get in return
- Extensive training and development plans.
- Opportunity to shape the role and make an impact.
- Great work-life balance, flexible working environment.
- Opportunity to be part of an exciting and varied community.
- 27 days annual leave + bank holidays.
Are you up to the challenge?
Are you what we’re looking for? Please get in touch today with our marketing specialist recruiter, Emily Brewster on either firstname.lastname@example.org or 02921 673 731.
Please apply with a CV and a cover letter outlining why you’re perfect for the role. We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.