about 1 month ago
12 April 2021
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum plus benefits
Monday – Friday
Are you experienced at carrying out full risk assessments for raw materials? Do you have a natural eye for detail? Would you like to be part of a fast paced and growing industry? If so this could be the role for you. A new opportunity has been created as Compliance Technologist. You will play a key role in supporting the Technical & Quality Department in developing and maintaining a quality culture throughout the site.
You will ensure that customer, business unit and legal requirements for raw materials and supplier quality assurance are achieved whilst providing accurate and timely data to support vital projects for the operations team. This role is pivotal to the business in developing a robust corrective action plan for quality improvements.
As Compliance Technologist you’ll be…..
· Conducting full risk assessment for raw materials in accordance and compliance with customer’s code of practice
· Maintain the supplier self-audit questionnaires for new and existing suppliers
· Perform the horizon scanning and advising business of potential supplier/raw material issues
· Approve and maintain supplier’s own format raw material specifications
· Maintain, update and issue of the approved suppliers list
· Take the ownership of the raw material tracker and manage the spec approvals
· Maintain the allergens data for factored goods
· Perform internal audits against systems to ensure compliance and completion of corrective actions to root cause
· Maintaining the supplier approval for factored goods
· Approve of non-branded factored goods specifications
· Validate on pack claims by reviewing the raw material specifications
· Ensure that all the retailer’s policies within the Product Pack are current and up to date
· Respond to internal and external requests for factored good finished product specifications
· Assist and provide full support in traceability exercises
· Ensure that all raw material specifications are reviewed and validated on annual basis or when notified of changes and advise business accordingly
· Provide Technical support in the escalation of corrective actions with suppliers where raw material requirements are not met
· Maintain and update relevant raw material systems and databases liaising with Operations, Technical and NPD as appropriate
· Assist in the co-ordination of response to raw material related food safety alerts
· Participate in internal or external audits ensuring all relevant raw material information is available and completed in the required timescale
The experience you’ll bring to the team
· Previous experience working within the food industry
· Experience in effective communication with suppliers Knowledge
· Sound technical knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes
· BRC internal auditor certification would be an advantage
· Awareness of Good Manufacturing Practice Standards
· Awareness of main retailers’ requirements (Codes of Practice)
· Intermediate HACCP Principles
· FIC Legislation awareness would be an advantage
· Understanding the requirements of ISO 9001:2000, ISO 14000, QMS, BRC, GMP and Customer Codes of Practice
Are you up to the challenge?
If you feel you have the skills, experience and passion to be successful in this role apply now.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.