Construction Disputes Associate
02921 673 719
12 months ago
UK – Bath – Competitive Salary – Hybrid 2/3 days in office
Yolk Recruitment is working with an independent, international engineering practice that for over 40 years has become synonymous with the delivery of creative, value led building and city solutions. Having worked on every continent, the clients include more than 90% of the world’s leading architectural practices. This company has also collaborated with global organisations such as the United Nations and the World Bank. The company is global, having 26 locations worldwide and over 1900 employees.
The legal team is looking for an experienced mid-level solicitor (4 – 8 Years PQE) to join the in house team and provide assistance with the Commercial and Contractual risks that come with a global portfolio of projects.
This is what you'll be doing
As a Construction Disputes Solicitor you will be working with the disputes team, you will be responsible for matters such as:
- Ensuring corporate governance rules are adhered to
- Advising on contentious matters that may impact the business
- Establishing plans and providing commercially aware and legal solutions to mitigate risk
- Defending disputes claims
- Carrying out negotiations
- Preparation of pre action correspondence
- Working closely with Global director in creating strategy
- Mitigating project risk
- Keeping Directors up to date with risk
- Assisting with developing new systems and procedures
- Providing general ad hoc legal and commercial advice
You will have experience working within disputes and the following:
- 4-8 years PQE
- Dispute resolution experience
- Dispute negotiation skills
- Experience of advising on contract management
- Dispute avoidance
- Ability to work under pressure
This is an excellent opportunity for a Disputes Solicitor to join a company which is growing massively, and these are a few of the benefits you will get in return:
- In addition to a highly competitive salary there is a 10% car allowance
- Hybrid working
- Generous holiday entitlement 25 days per annum plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Flexible benefits – Cycle scheme, Dental insurance, Optical Cover, Travel insurance, Corporate discounts
- POET’s day – this company actively encourages its employees to finish at 3pm on the last Friday of each month. These hours add up to an additional 3 days leave per annum
If you are looking to join an outstanding company with a global presence? Apply by contacting Abbie Lucas on 07458 160 616 or alternatively send your CV to Abbie.Jackson@yolkrecruitment.com.
Yolk Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and embraces diversity in our workforce. We employ the best people for the job at hand and actively encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, educational background, parental status, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. We champion and celebrate diversity at Yolk allowing our team to bring their whole selves to work.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.